Yes! Wind Power for Cohocton

Saturday, July 08, 2006

From: Dr. Bill Morehouse [mailto:wmorehouse@hisbranches.org] Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 9:49 PMTo: webmaster@yeswindcohocton.comCc: Rick TownerSubject: Web site revisions

Dear Friends and Neighbors at Yes! Wind Power,

I've just come across your new website (www.yeswindcohocton.com) and blog and am flattered to find that one of my crudest attempts at graphic simulation is on your Home Page!!! Somebody had to dig deep into our www.cohoctonfree.com website to find that little photo. I appreciate your visit to our website and your legitimate concern about the scale in this picture -- I feel badly that I didn't correct it much sooner. I originally created it (by eyeball using a home photo editing program I have) one evening back when I first set up the site in May and went on to other things, but then a few weeks ago one of my grown sons said "Dad, I think your towers are too tall in the Wolcott farm picture" and Rick Towner said "I hate to nit pick, but..." and I purposed to fix it. I did the math, perspective, and graph work as a fun exercise while I was on vacation last week (computer simulations aren't my usual occupation) and fixed it as best I could when I got back a few days ago (see http://www.cohoctonfree.com/size.htm), but not quite in time to keep it from becoming the "Yes!" poster case for how whacked out the opposition is. Please forgive me for not handling this unintended but serious graphic misrepresentation earlier. I would genuinely like some constructive feedback about other points that I've raised throughout our website. I know that we can each find things that "the other side" has said or done or published or posted that rub us the wrong way, but I think that somehow we need to rise above the level of offense and retaliaton and open some honest dialogue that leads to resolution (which will probably involve at least a measure of compromise) not the drawing up of battle lines and war to the bloody end.

Please change your Home Page to reflect my humble revision and let me know the best way you think we can begin some dialogue. If Cohocton wants the very best outcome I think we need to open our hearts to one another, listen carefully, and allow cool heads to prevail.

God bless you!
(Dr.) Bill Morehouse

(affectionately known as "Doc" by some folks)

1 Comments:

  • Mr Morehouse,

    You leave questions about your motive. Just check out the facts, you have information on the web site about noise that is compeletely misleading and you also sent me a letter that you do not want windmills anywhere in upstate NY. Now you are very anoyed that the citizens of Cohocton might get something that would be good for there community.

    For someone who only lives here for vacation time YOU should be more considerate of YOUR neighbors.
    Perhaps the truth is hard for you to accept.

    Hal E Graham

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home